In this notice, “Engage Australia” means Engage Australia Pty Ltd. The purpose of this privacy notice is to inform you about what kinds of information we, at Engage Australia, may gather about you, how we may use that information, whether we disclose it to anyone, and the choices you have regarding our use of the information. This notice forms part of the Engage Australia Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions or would like to make a request to exercise any of your legal rights, please contact our Data Protection Team using the contact information set out in the “Contact & Complaints” section below.
Engage Australia will collect information in the course of the following activities:
1. When you participate in any Engage Australia service and we process your transactions (whether via your mobile phone or the internet, or other media) we will use the personal information you have provided (including but not limited to your mobile phone number and/or your email address or postal address, network information or computer data) to provide you with the service, and promotions or further information regarding our products and services should you indicate your consent in the marketing preferences;
2. When you correspond with Engage Australia for example, by subscribing to our newsletter or to apply for work with us, we will use your contact information to keep you up to date with information regarding our company and work opportunities;
3. When you contact Customer Support through our web site or by telephoning the support number, we may ask you for personally identifiable information regarding your inquiry, such as your name, email address, telephone number, purchases or telephone records;
4. When you visit the Engage Australia website we automatically collect information about your visit to help us ensure that each visitor to our website can use and navigate the site effectively. This information may include the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, uniform resource locators (URLs) clickstream to, through and from our site, browser type and version, browser plug-in types, and versions, operating system and platform.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations, Engage Australia is allowed to use your personal data only where there is a proper reason to do. Legally, Engage Australia must have one or more reasons and these are:
· Contract – where your personal information is processed to fulfill a contractual obligation
· Consent – where you agree to Engage Australia using your information this way
· Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of Engage Australia in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best services in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. transferring your data to third parties such as a Mobile Network Operator for text alert purposes
· Legal Obligation – where there is a statutory or other legal requirements to share the information e.g. when Engage Australia must provide your information for law enforcement purposes.
Engage Australia collects and uses your personal information to give you high-quality customer service, to provide you with convenient access to our products and services, and to make you aware of the latest offerings from Engage Australia. To the extent permitted by law, Engage Australia may aggregate your personal information with other third-party data to enhance demographic profiles or to achieve regulatory compliance.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Engage Australia may share your personal data including transaction data with law enforcement agencies or other third parties as necessary for the fulfillment of its service obligations (including matters in relation to the goods and services supplied by these parties) or for the purposes of legal compliance (including investigations, pursuant to court orders), the prevention of fraud or misuse, for the purposes of a corporate transaction or as may be otherwise permitted by law.
There are a number of factors that influence the length of time your data will be retained for, including the purpose for which we use that information and Engage Australia ’s obligations under other laws. Engage Australia will retain your data for such a period of time as you remain a customer of Engage Australia, such data is required to complete transactions, in order to resolve disputes or as is required to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations (whichever is the longer period). The only exceptions to this are where:
· The law requires us to retain your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
· You exercise your right to have your information erased (where it applies) and Engage Australia does not need to retain it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
· Engage Australia to bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those legal proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible.
You are entitled to contact us if you require your data to be removed and no longer wish to receive services from Engage Australia. You are also entitled to request the following from Engage Australia
· Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
· Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
· Right to object – to object to the processing of your personal information
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take appropriate technical, procedural and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful access to, or processing of, your personal information and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal information. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by our site and service meet industry standards and reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
CONTACT AND COMPLAINTS
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, comments and requests.
Engage Australia will never seek to extract confidential personal information from you by email (such
This notice is designed to help you understand what cookies are, how Engage Australia uses them and the choices you have with regards to their use.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small piece of data sent and stored on a website user’s browser or hard drive or other device when you visit a website. This allows the website to recognise you as a user for either the duration of your visit (session cookie) or for repeat visits (persistent cookie).
Cookies are not harmful and do not contain any personal data like home address, date of birth or credit card information. You can find more information about cookies at:
For a video about cookies visit https://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/policies/technologies/cookies/.
When you access the Engage Australia website or contact Customer Support through our web site, our web server will send a cookie to the device you are accessing the website through. Our Customer Support site uses session cookies containing encrypted information to allow the system to uniquely identify you while you are logged in. This information allows us to process your online data and requests.
Session cookies help us make sure you are who you say you are after you have logged in.
Persistent cookies, which only we can read and use, help us to identify the fact that you are an Engage Australia customer or prior site visitor.
CAN I TURN OFF COOKIES?
Yes. You are entitled to disable the cookies used on our website. Users who disable their browser’s ability to accept cookies will be able to browse the Engage Australia website but will not be able to successfully use certain Customer Support features.
It is also possible to configure your browser to reject cookies by modifying the browser settings or preferences. If you wish to do so, we recommend you consult the information provided in the browser or contact the browser vendor for help or instructions.